Learn more »
You’ll manage & inspire the team of 6-8 creative professionals, collaborate with other departments and ensure quality work. Our ideal candidate has proven strategic ideation skills, is a dynamic presenter and has recent experience working on a brand that consumers love. Developing and directly executing a strategy to build our existing business and grow new categories should fall right into your wheelhouse. You’ll be a leader that can seamlessly transform a strategic thought into best-in-class creative through inspiring and guiding an experienced team.
You’re responsible for our visual brand representation for packaging, advertising, online, in store, premiums, consumer and industry events and play a critical role in defining the content and visual direction of our brand in every aspect. This includes responsibility over the look/feel and content for all Organic Valley, Organic Prairie and other branded businesses the cooperative has responsibility for as it grows. This leadership role will assure a coherent and consistent visual brand message across all platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the category management team, relationship marketing team, mission and messaging team, interactive and sales leadership to develop concepts and present to leadership including management team, executive sales and marketing teams and the board of directors sporadically.
- Act as a change agent from both an internal and external perspective and refine and develop processes so work is consistent and industry leading.
- Direct the creative support across multiple teams (Sales, Export, Mission & Messaging, PR, Pools, Ecommerce) liaising with department leaders as needed to execute their goals
- Direct and supervise team during creative development process to meet brand, timing and budgetary requirements of all projects.
- Key influencer of the website: direct web site look and feel and partner with Content Management team on content direction and development.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Understand Organic Valley’s strategic goals and brand; analyze the creative team, environment, processes, technologies, etc., to determine areas needing improvement; and build and direct a creative function aligned with and supportive of those goals.
- Set expectations and standards (build a culture) for creative team attitude, behavior, teamwork and professional development. Lead accordingly.
- Spearhead creative development and concepts for advertising in conjunction with our ad agency, and lead all in-house creative projects.
- Strategize, recommend, vet and be the lead in managing outside resources including agencies, freelance designers, photographers, etc.
- Assure that timely and informative communication takes place between the creative function and other relevant business partners.
- Establish deadlines, develop project plans, manage workflow, manage graphic and web designers through Creative Manager in project execution, oversee production and ensure projects are produced properly and completed on time.
- Develop strategy for product experiences for video and mobile, incl. apps.
- Leverage Creative Brief to identify timely topics and important trends.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 years of management experience working with category leading packaged goods company or lifestyle brand, natural/organic or healthy living industry a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience leading the design of packaging, point of sale, print and interactive sales and marketing materials.
- Must possess an understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices for digital.
- Strong writing and editing skills a must.
- Ability to supervise, train and inspire employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Quality management expertise.
- Proven track record designing within budget.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Mastery of interactive design tools, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Passion for business and not satisfied with status quo – always thinking of ways to improve/grow assigned client/business.
- Motivational leadership, inspiring cross functional team to deliver top performance against assigned business.
- Dynamic, creative personality effectively engaging and influencing a variety of audiences.
Executive Marketing Director
Regular, Full Time
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.