Transportation / Logistics
Egg & Produce Truck Driver
The Egg and Produce Truck Driver operates heavy (over 26,001 lbs) straight truck to support scheduled pick up, transportation, and delivery of product and packaging materials between farms, packing plants, warehouses, and other designated locations. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts pre and post trip vehicle inspections, accurately completes and submits driver logs, inspection records and other required documents.
- Operates material handling equipment including but not limited to forklifts, powered and manual hand jacks, hand carts, manual and powered dock plates, and load retention devices, for the purpose of loading, unloading, and securing goods for transit.
- Interacts frequently with farmers, plant and warehouse personnel, supervision, and others in a professional and positive manner which reflects favorably upon CROPP Cooperative.
- Performs quality control process steps ensuring complete and accurate activity information including but not limited to quantity and condition of goods.
- Identifies and responds to potential and actual exception conditions, taking action to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
- Using recommended tools and chemicals, follows sanitation procedures in accordance with CROPPís Quality Assurance standard operating procedures.
- Follows and complies with applicable Federal and State regulations, CROPP Cooperative policies and best practices including but not limited to safety and biosecurity.
- Communicates with supervision and/or shipping locations as required to identify and respond to transportation and delivery exception conditions.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives shuttle truck, milk truck, or acts as driverís assistant as required.
- Assists or acts as intake operator at Chaseburg Creamery as required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess and maintain Class A Commercial Driverís License with interstate operating privileges.
- Must possess and maintain current FMCSA Medical Certificate.
- Must possess and maintain forklift operator certificate.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly, occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with assistance, ability to push/pull objects up to 2,500 pounds using material handling equipment.
- Basic math skills including arithmetic; ability to perform and interpret basic calculations related to count, weight, time, rate, and distance.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills; able to make effective decisions among primarily known / understood conditions with occasional variables.
- Effective collaborative skills; must perform comfortably in group settings.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Verbal and written communication skills; ability to follow instructions and to clearly express ideas in a concise and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic with history of good attendance.
- Ability to support schedule changes upon short notice.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain deadlines.
- Capacity for stress in service-oriented environment.
La Farge, WI
This position is safety sensitive and will require post-offer, pre-employment drug testing.
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.