Farmer Support / Pools
Indiana/Ohio Region Pool Manager
The Indiana/Ohio Region Pool Manager is responsible for servicing the needs of our growing dairy pool regions in Southeast Michigan, Northern Indiana and Northwest Ohio. This position is accountable for fulfilling procurement and support of regional dairy pool producers for ongoing organic milk needs; plus secondary emphasis to prospect regional grower, meat and egg pool member-owners. The Pool Manager is accountable for recruitment and producer support of dairy producer/members in all of the states above, plus work with other regional support & procurement team members in the region. This is a safety sensitive role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servicing the Needs of Existing Dairy Pool Patrons In Terms Of:
- Milk production issues, such as feeding, herd health management, cropping, certification requirements, and dairy pool standards and policy.
- Make personal visit to all member-owners and prospects on a practical level of frequency.
- Hold regional dairy pool meetings in the region twice annually on a personal attendance basis and support the efforts of CROPP staff in the event of the hosting of additional meetings and farm-related events.
- Participate and assist in preparation and presentation of Dairy Pool DEC and other Committee meetings.
- Assist producers with base adjustments and long-term production plans, equity issues, and general policy interpretation.
- Support for regional producer milk quality, tracking producer progress via the Work Improvement Plan (WIP), and direct involvement in producer suspension status.
- Act as direct contact with respective field representatives of contracted milk handlers to support producer membership, payroll, and milk quality issues.
- Involvement in milk handling issues, such as milk diversion for quality concerns and certification violations; assist to improve route efficiencies and adjust to processing needs.
- Regional Dairy Pool Producer Recruitment Responsibilities:
- Oversee the organic dairy production needs of the respective region when required by adding sufficient membership production via directive from National Field Staff Manager and Milk Supply Management Team.
- Evaluate potential members in terms of milk quality history, route considerations, organic commitment/integrity, certification status, current and future production levels, and cooperative participation.
- Supply information for Regional Prospect Database of all potential producers in respective outlying regions.
- Hold procurement meetings in areas of existing milk production to build producer interest and participate in producer field days, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate with regional DEC representatives and/or other dairy pool members to conduct personal visits to prospective farms for additional membership evaluation.
- Submit expense and mileage reports and other required documentation monthly.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Provide quarterly WP&R reports to supervisor.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Regional Grower, Meat and Egg Pool Producer Procurement Responsibilities:
Supply data for a Regional Prospect Database of all potential producers in respective outlying regions.
Hold procurement meetings in areas of existing production to build producer interest and participate in producer field days, workshops, conferences, etc.
Responsible for providing quarterly Work Progress & Review reports to supervisor, expense & mileage reports and other required documentation.
Work closely with the respective Farmer Relations Representative and National Milk Supply Manager.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor of Science degree in Dairy Science/Agriculture preferred.
Practical Dairy & Livestock experience required.
Knowledge of organic production systems and organic certification standards and requirements.
Ability to promote cooperative values.
Milk quality experience preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and database entry.
Strong presentational, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Ability to travel and work independently.
Ability to work after business hours and on weekends as needed.
East Central Division Pool Manager
Northern IN/ NW Ohio Region
This position is safety sensitive and will require post-offer, pre-employment drug testing.
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.