Learning and Organizational Development Manager
The Learning and Organizational Development Manager is responsible for developing strategic learning and organizational development programs for the Cooperative that support key business initiatives and build department and individuals’ capability to fulfill the Cooperative mission. Leads efforts to assess learning and organizational development needs and develops strategies to increase organizational, team, and individual effectiveness. Provides strong subject matter expertise in leadership development, organization development and organization-wide change management. The Learning and Organizational Development Manager is responsible for directing and supervising the efficient operations of the Learning and OD function and promotes collaboration and teamwork within the Learning and OD function and with others to foster motivation and increased productivity, while ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages learning and organizational development staff to accomplish individual objectives and support Cooperative initiatives
- Assesses and prioritizes learning and organizational development needs and modifies or develops learning and organizational development programs to achieve desired results.
- Designs and delivers engaging training sessions using various instructional strategies
- Leads the design and delivery of organizational development activities, including change management, strategic planning, and organizational design, to ensure transfer of learning and performance improvement.
- Develops and manages the Cooperative’s management and leadership development program
- Collaborates and consults with managers to develop and facilitate learning and development initiatives for employees and farmer owners
- Contracts with and manages external vendors to provide services.
- Facilitates cross-functional project team and department team meetings
- Identifies key metrics and develops evaluation processes to ensure overall learning and organizational development program effectiveness.
- Consults with and coaches managers in preparing individual development plans and work improvement plans.
- Designs, implements, and manages the Cooperative performance management system.
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Manages special projects
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares budget and monitors expenditures.
- Develops and/or modifies training and development policies and processes.
- Keeps up-to-date on training and development trends and best practices.
- Collaborates with other internal training providers to provide employees with an integrated training program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in organizational development, business administration, human resources, or related field preferred
- 7 to 10 years of leadership development, employee development, and organization development in a business setting
- Knowledge and experience in instructional design and distance learning
- Knowledge and experience in facilitating strategic planning and organizational change initiatives.
- Independently motivated with proven ability to follow through on initiatives
- Highly engaging and collaborative style in working cross-functionally
- Strong internal consulting skills, facilitation skills, and communication skills with employees at all levels.
- Project management experience
- Experience designing and implementing performance management programs preferred.
- Supervisory or staff management experience preferred
- Ability to handle confidentiality in a professional and appropriate manner.
Director of Human Relations
Regular, Full Time
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.