Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for many aspects of the Quality Assurance (QA) Department. Primary responsibilities are to manage information provided from production facilities, provide communication paths, and inventory and document various food products. Primary product lines include Dairy, Soy, and Eggs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and analyze test results from both internal and external labs on various products.
- Coordinate the holding or release of product based on product test results.
- Update and maintain database information in various software programs.
- Monitor and track consumer complaints by product line.
- Initiate and/or support other CROPP staff in complaint investigations or customer incidents.
- Coordinate and manage information from production facilities.
- Prepare Certificates of Analysis and other paperwork needed for customer sales orders.
- Assist with shelf life testing and studies.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research or coordinate testing at external laboratory facilities as needed.
- Perform microbiological and chemical lab testing on products.
- Provide assistance to other QA staff or other departments.
- Participate in product sensory panels as needed.
- Arrange for product samples to be sent to or picked up from customers.
- Other duties assigned by the QA Supervisor, Manager or Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School education required, Food or related Science degree preferred.
- Lab/Quality Assurance/Customer Service experience preferred.
- Experience with dairy strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sensory experience desired.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self directed and willing to work on routine tasks.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
Quality Assurance Supervisor- Cheese and Eggs
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.