Associate Brand Manager
The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for a portfolio of Organic Valley products, assisting the Product Manager in developing, implementing and managing annual strategic, financial, and operating plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Brand Management Oversight: assist in planning, managing, and coordinating the product lines through all facets of marketing, including product development, initial pricing, promotion, and positioning; creating and managing marketing programs and business plans to achieve revenue, profit, and market share goals.
Lead brand strategy development fueled by consumer insights, category trends, brand equities and desire to grow organic dairy category, to include:
- brand messaging and positioning
- product promotion strategy
- research and analysis
- innovation strategy - packaging/flavor/development
- advertising and media strategy
- Lead in the identification of category opportunities by keeping abreast of Cooperative needs, consumer and industry insights.
- Conduct brand, segment and category analysis to evaluate performance against business objectives, identify competitive threats, and highlight product strengths/weaknesses to track performance of the brand and inform sales and marketing team decisions.
- Contribute to development of annual brand plan and long-term strategic plan with specific focus on objectives, strategies, and tactics for the dairy and juice products groups.
- Identify and bring New Product opportunities to life; drive the New Product development process by developing new products that are innovative, consumer/customer-driven and profitable; direct and integrate the new product functions of Product Design, Package Design, Sales Planning, Procurement, P&L, Go-to-Market Strategy (including Promotional Consumer and Trade programs).
- Assist in the development of powerful consumer communications, brand programming and product initiatives.
- Develop briefs for all creative projects associated with categories being managed (e.g., primary/secondary packaging, label copy, hard/soft pos, website, advertising, etc.) and providing feedback on creative output to ensure it supports brand strategy.
- Drive impactful, out-of-the-box, effective consumer promotions to build awareness, generate trial, and drive volume/distribution. Conduct post-promotion analysis to quantify and evaluate effectiveness.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive product management experience in branded consumer products company.
- Bachelorís degree highly preferred
- Dairy and/or beverage industry desired but not required; food experience preferred.
- Creative Skills: The ability to think out of the box (in a way that makes out of the box seem in the box) when approaching all aspects of brand and innovation management activities from advertising copy reviews to package design to new product ideas.
- Resourcefulness to improvise and adapt to deal with daily challenges via creative problem solving that would make a crime scene detective proud.
- Project management experience including P&L/budget management
- Communication Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required. The incumbent will present to diverse audiences, work cross-functionally for results and collaborate with external partners. Enthusiastically champion support for projects and ideas that drive existing brands and new business development
- Strong analysis, strategic thinking, creative thinking, team leadership, planning, organizing, problem solving skills.
- PowerPoint Jedi (be able to effectively communicate and dazzle us with your skills)
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: creative, resourceful, risk taker, business savvy, adaptable
- Syndicated Data experience including: SPINS, IRI, and Spectra Data.
2 Regular, Full-time openings
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.