Consumer Relations Associate
The Consumer Relations Associate serves as the primary business contact for the consumer and is responsible for customer satisfaction. The Consumer Relations Associate is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to the customer, whether it is a consumer, retailer, distributor, sales manager, farmer or any other internal or external customer, as well as represent customer needs within the organization to ensure ROI. In addition, the Consumer Relations Associate will build relationships with customers to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. The Consumer Relations Associate will interact internally with sales, Pools, the Organic Meat Company staff, Quality and R&D to properly manage customers and their voiced concerns.
The Consumer Relations Associate must be accurate and thorough as their primary responsibilities include fielding inquiries via phone from consumers and employees, researching issues, responding to e-mails from consumers, data entry, and maintaining the CRM database. In addition, the Consumer Relations Associate must remain current on industry standards, Organic Valley products, and any developing trends and public relations issues. This position is also responsible for administrative support or coordination of various projects as assigned including researching and responding to social media comments and inquiries. It is of utmost importance that the Consumer Relations Associate must be able to maintain an upbeat positive attitude when dealing with internal and external customers alike.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming hotline calls, e-mails and letters from consumers regarding product information requests, quality concerns, product complaints, etc., during core business hours. A 24 business hours response time required.
- Serve as SME (Subject Matter Experts) on CROPP Cooperative products, standards and business practices.
- Primary contact for consumer information. Work directly with Quality Assurance on consumer QA issues, including FDA/USDA complaints, illness complaint filing and follow-up and Private Label Issues/documentation.
- Researches questions/issues and coordinates input from key company and industry partners and experts to identify and confirm quality related concerns that may have an impact on ROI and assists customer to a satisfactory resolution.
- Log all calls, emails and letters into RightNow CRM database, including name, address, reason for calling, resolution and any other pertinent information.
- Interface with internal and external customers, brokers, retailers, Regional Sales Managers on consumer complaint issues. Interface with Fulfillment Coordinator, Sales Support, and Customer Service and Pools departments as required.
- Social Media:
- Backup Consumer Relations Social Media Associate in Social Media spaces as needed
- Develop effective messages by identifying, analyzing and understanding target audiences.
- Sales Functions:
- Direct sales of NFDM (Non-Fat Dry Milk) to consumers. Process orders collecting contact information, including credit card information and processing order follow through.
- Field questions regarding the On-Line store(s) and resolve any open issues.
- Help customers place orders on-line when they do not have access to a computer or are experiencing difficulties.
- Adhere to all processes for processing of credit card information.
- Use every call to cross-sell and up-sell customers on Organic Valley and Organic Prairie product lines.
- Watch for new trends and make manager aware of any potential problems or threats to the business.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write consumer signature responses.
- Research marketplace and industry issues.
- Maintains proficiency with business tools including Microsoft Office, OP On-line Store (CV3), RightNow CRM, social media space and other applications/software as needed.
- Identifies and communicates issues with consumers, retailers or other resources to supervisor or others as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications preferred. Farm and agriculture experience helpful.
- Experience with a wide range of marketing channels including email & direct mail, social media, catalog, mobile, customer service, etc.
- Must be a strategic and creative thinker with the ability to take larger strategy and insights and translate into ideas and executable plans in the social media space.
- Demonstrated ability to blend creative and technical skills in social media.
- Ability to research and produce concise written communication to support products/services.
- Expeditious in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Must have three years of customer service and data entry experience.
- Must be upbeat, cheery and have a positive attitude.
- Must be a team player with excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail with proficiency in proofreading and the ability to edit a variety of documents including self-written.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills (i.e. verbal, written, and listening) and be able to maintain a pleasant, service-oriented attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to learn new duties quickly as well as a strong ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong office/clerical skills (organized and excellent phone skills).
- Ability to work on a PC for extended periods of time in a call center environment.
- Must be flexible with work schedule.
Consumer Relations Manager
Regular, Full Time
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.