Finance and Accounting
The Deduction Processor is responsible for the processing of deductions including, short paid invoices, pricing issues, shortages/overages, co-op marketing claims and customer inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the processing of credit deductions; identify, investigate and analyze all customer deductions in a timely manner, ensuring proper documentation is provided.
- Ensure only approved and authorized deductions are granted; deny deductions if not approved by Sales.
- Make collection calls for denied deductions and keep management informed of collection issues.
- Responsible for entering credits and adjustments to invoices/accounts as required.
- Responsible to understand all types of credit coding available in ERP.
- Provide Regional Sales Manager with required credit denial and deduction information.
- Work directly with customers, Regional Sales Managers, Sales Services, and other internal departments to facilitate processes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects as request by supervisor.
- Fax replacement documentation to customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A two year degree in accounting, business or a related field or one to two years work experience in accounting is required.
- Practical accounting knowledge and skills are required.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, and accurate.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in Word and accounting software.
- Proficient in developing and manipulating Excel spreadsheets.
- Limited travel to other cooperative sites or training may be required.
Regular, Full Time
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.