Information Resources (IT / Business Process)
Enterprise Data Architect*
The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for expanding the companyís use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. This role will act as the primary advocate of data governance and data management best practices. This role will achieve this by leading a data governance team to ensure our data is defined and used consistently across CROPP. Also act as the primary advocate of data modeling methodologies best practices, by strategically reviewing and creating data models for enterprise-level applications and systems. These models shall be architected at the following layers: conceptual, logical, business area, and application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate planned changes and capture current data and information state with the Enterprise Architect.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap.
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Conduct data capacity planning, life cycle, duration, usage requirements, feasibility studies, and other tasks.
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with enterprise architect, project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Ensure the success of enterprise-level application rollouts (e.g. ERP, SCM, CRM, etc.)
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Act as a leader and advocate of data management, including coaching, training, and career development to staff.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on call support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a data or information architect required.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and so on.
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with database platforms, including SQL Server and Oracle.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
Database Development Manager
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.