Feed Program Operations Manager*
The Feed Program Operations Manager provides leadership, support and strategic direction for CROPP’s Feed Procurement and Sales teams in the areas of financial management, staff and program development, and design and implementation of best business practices to support departmental and Cooperative goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve on and participate in the existing Feed Management Team in a supportive capacity.
- Coordinate the preparation of an annual budget and provide ongoing financial control by reviewing and managing operating costs and sales performance.
- Prepare and communicate regular reports for the Farm Resources Manager, CROPP senior management and the CROPP Board of Directors.
- Ensure operational and contractual adherence as well as compliance with:
- Federal, State, and Local laws
- CROPP Cooperative policies
- Feed Credit Policy
- Lead the implementation and review of policies designed to govern Feed Program operations and manage risk.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to support efficient Feed Program operations and to meet member customer service expectations.
- Guide the development and administration of agreements and protocols between CROPP and its cooperating mills and elevators.
- Oversee the development of an effective Grower Recruitment and Feed Procurement program.
- Oversee the development of an effective Feed Sales and Marketing program.
- Ensure that inventory is accurately tracked.
- Ensure adequate staffing through:
- Effective and timely hiring
- Training and development
- Evaluation of staff in the Feed Program
- Lead and coach supervisors and staff to promote collaboration and teamwork to foster motivation and increase productivity.
- Establish and communicate departmental expectations and objectives to staff.
- Communicate performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensure compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a system for tracking production pricing trends in organic feed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Farmer Communications team on messaging related to Feed Program initiatives for CROPP members, potential members, the agricultural community and others.
- Collaborate with Grower Pool and Farm Resources to leverage knowledge, staff and systems to benefit Cooperative members utilizing the Feed Program.
- Evaluate and recommend continuous improvement in methodologies related to order processing, tracking and communication as well as systems support of order management.
- Frequently attend meetings, interacting with others to assess and respond to membership and Cooperative needs.
- Oversee effective logistical services of feed movements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience managing a substantial business unit and support staff within an organization required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of feed trade preferred.
- Understanding of Cooperative principles and mission.
- Effective coach and team builder with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Critical thinking and decision making skills; able to make effective decisions among broadly variable conditions.
- Knowledge and ability to organize integrated business systems.
- Effective collaborative skills; must perform well in group settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly express ideas in a concise and professional manner.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point) and databases.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and maintain deadlines.
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Position located in LaFarge WI.
Farm Resources Manager
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.