Health & Safety Coordinator*
The Health and Safety Program Coordinator is responsible for communicating, coordinating, and evaluating cooperative-wide Health and Safety programs, policies, procedures, and best practices, including OSHA and other related regulatory compliance. This is a safety sensitive position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and audit programs, policies, procedures, best practices and operational safety programs, and make recommendations to management to ensure compliance with related local, state, federal, and OSHA regulations.
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize risk. This includes working in diverse environments, with approximately 30 percent of time dedicated to “floor time” in production environments.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and support safety training programs for employees, supervisors, managers, and contractors.
- Promote safe behaviors and initiatives to create and maintain a positive safety culture that involves employees at all levels of the organization.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead accident and near-miss investigations to uncover root cause, recommend preventative measures to prevent reoccurrences, and track completion of corrective actions.
- Provide managers and supervisors with recommendations on facility, equipment, and workspace design and implementation to create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field, or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Three – five years of experience in Safety or related field.
- Demonstrated experience fostering a team environment with solution orientation.
- Ability to work successfully with state and federal government agencies.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Capable of ensuring the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive information and records.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to work at multiple locations.
Health & Safety Manager
Cashton, WI and Chaseburg, WI
This position is safety sensitive and will require post-offer, pre-employment drug testing.
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.