Information Resources (IT / Business Process)
IT Help Desk Technician
The IT Help Desk Technician will provide first line help desk support to CROPP staff. This includes receiving, prioritizing, classifying, documenting and when possible resolving requests received through the Help Desk via telephone or email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field incoming help desk requests from end users via both telephone and emailed work orders in a courteous manner.
- Verify and document all pertinent end user information including name, department, contact information, and nature of issue.
- Use established triage and classification procedures and provide resolution on first call if possible.
- Recognize and escalate incidents and problems using established procedures when appropriate to default technician.
- Provide informal technical training to CROPP staff.
Monitor, coordinate, and communicate support issue resolution to ensure timely completion.
Handle confidential information with discretion.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Provide backup support for hardware and software installs and upgrades.
- Provide information for identifying potential training materials and/or programs.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand, knowledge of relevant products.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic to intermediate desktop operating system, hardware and software knowledge with high desire to learn is required.
- Computer Technician diploma or Associate Degree in Information Technology, Business, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Basic to intermediate experience using Microsoft operating systems and Office products is required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Experience with Track-It or other help desk software is desirable.
IT Help Desk Supervisor
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.