The production chef will work with the rest of the café team in daily execution of breakfast, lunch, and catering events as assigned by the Cafe Services Supervisor. This individual will assist in continually elevating café fare through the vision of the Cafe Services Supervisor. This position is safety senstitive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and execute daily breakfast and lunch items as assigned by the executive chef.
- Support and execute caterings and special events for internal and external customers.
- Assist in creating and executing meals for customers with dietary restrictions.
- Assist in expansion and elevation of breakfast and lunch offerings.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality customer service to our daily customers
- Maintain a clean and organized work station.
- Assist with cooler/freezer/pantry storage organization and cleanliness including labeling and dating, and adherence to weekly and monthly cleaning schedules.
- Assist in writing recipes/guidelines/or systems of organization as assigned by the executive chef.
- Assist the executive chef with special events and O.V. staff education pertaining to the culinary industry.
- Assist the café team with ordering or product procurement as assigned by the executive chef.
- Assist all café team members in their daily production as needed.
- Assist in maintenance of the café kitchen garden.
- Support cliental with dietary restrictions through offerings tailored to their needs.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the executive chef.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven experience in high production kitchen environment with a great working knowledge of the culinary industry including food, trends, techniques, and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of pastries and baking.
- Ability to multi task and think on your feet to resolve problems and conflicts
- Place holding text.
- Culinary degree preferred, but not required.
- Sincere passion for food and the organic industry.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+ and stand for long periods of time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Desire for personal and professional growth.
Cafe Services Supervisor
Regular, Full Time
This position is safety sensitive and will require post-offer, pre-employment drug testing.
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.