Regional Dairy Supervisor*
The Regional Dairy Supervisor is responsible for the regional tactical execution of the S&OP monthly plan targeting established stock levels, production thresholds and supply utilization using fluid milk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tactical S&OP Plan
- Oversee weekly Tactical S&OP Plan to hit monthly
- S&OP targets.
- Analyzes reports tracking plan adherence.
- Acts as a liaison for CROPP’s Regional Dairy supply chain from raw supply to finished goods including inventoried stock.
- Coordinates tactical scenarios for regional business decisions to compliment the National Tactical Plan.
- Strategic Advanced Planning
- Review scenarios for short term business decision making as needed.
- Review overall organic utilization recommendations.
- Review stock forecasts.
- Scheduling and Production Planning
- Oversees the scheduling of raw farm milk and tanker shipments managing conflicting demands to hit production requirements taking into consideration the hierarchical consumption.
- Coordinates with Dairy Production, Pools, TMS, Customer Service, Cost Accounting, Quality Research & Development, Inventory, Sales, MSAP, Chaseburg and Cashton to carry out the tactical plan.
- Ensure accuracy of production data, to resolve issues and discrepancies.
- Manage organic utilization of regional milk supply.
- Consider and manage COG’s when making business decisions.
- Prepares reports for metrics and management analysis.
- Executes new processes, projects and efficiency studies related to CROPP’s dairy operations as directed by Dairy Production Manager.
- Facilitates bi-weekly multidepartment conference calls with external plant partners.
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Completes New Plant/Warehouse form and submits to New Item Set-up team, as assigned.
- Oversees the inventory reconciliation process of ERP to external plants and warehouse.
- Coordinates the Bulk Milk RMA’s for cross-departmental staff.
- Oversees the production output reporting and materials management functions.
- Represents Dairy Production in any relevant interdepartmental projects.
- Communicates and coordinates with external vendors, plants and warehouses to complete project work.
- Makes recommendations to Dairy Production Manager for business needs which may become projects for the department or cross-department efforts.
- Supervises the Dairy Program Associates.
- Communicates performance expectations by evaluating performance, providing timely feedback, training and coaching, and recommending personnel actions for assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance with policies, safety procedures, and fair employment practices.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Works cooperatively with other Regional Dairy Supervisors on department strategy and cross-regional planning or issues.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates weekly Dairy Program Associate meetings.
- Participates in weekly Production Update meetings.
- Arranges and attends departmental and interdepartmental meetings as required.
- Creates and analyzes production reports upon request.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agribusiness, Dairy Science, Math, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 4 years of related work experience in production planning, scheduling, inventory management and/or dairy industry required.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically in spreadsheets.
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in team settings.
- Strong communication skills essential.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Dairy Production Manager
La Farge, WI
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.