Learn more »
Shopper Marketing Coordinator*
The Shopper Marketing Coordinator works with the Promotions Marketing Manager in developing and executing retailer-specific marketing programs for key retail accounts with a focus on the Organic Valley brand in the Grocery (natural and mainstream), Mass, Convenience, Club, and Foodservice channels. This position serves as a centrally located project manager and partner to field sales associates, helping recommend and execute customized, strategic marketing programs for key retail accounts. Additionally this person will collaborate with the Regional Marketing Coordinators to help drive farmer & brand centric turnkey retail programs including both in and out-of-store initiatives, ensuring programs align with company-wide promotional campaigns. The perfect candidate will possess strong customer service skills and the ability to prioritize a variety of projects of different scope.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding the important dynamics of assigned keyretailers in focus channels including customer philosophy, demographics, competition, business goals, as well as external issues that affect the customersí profitability.
- Working with the Promotions Marketing Manager and Sales, manage the development and execution of custom marketing programs to protect existing business and garner new; including in-store POS, displays, proprietary and third party shopper marketing programs, farmer connected events/tours and staff education.
- Proactive recommendations to Sales and Category Management on how to best partner with retailers to sell-in marketing support for national campaigns and product launches to align with their lead times and key programs.
- Collect and analyze data from shopper marketing programs/campaigns/activities that will help guide overall programming for the greatest ROI and provide critical input to define success.
- Partner with the Regional Marketing Coordinators to understand the regional scope of retail initiatives, and make strategy recommendations,
- Help build and maintain library of relevant data for each key retailer, including consumer target, key promotional programs and available shopper marketing tactics.
- Work closely with Creative Service to provide clear direction for the development of retailer POS, coupons and ads.
- Work with other CROPP departments (Category Management, Interactive, Public Relations, Farmers in Marketing, Creative Services, etc) to ensure optimum integration and support for campaigns.
- Own relationships with key third party shopper marketing vendors, such as NewsAmerica.
- Manage the coordination and execution of tactical pieces of retail programs
- Serve as the brand steward in all communications.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and document meetings as assigned.
- Working with departmental Administrative Assistant, code and track Shopper Marketing spending.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage fleet graphics program in key markets.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelorís degree in business or marketing focus required
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to recommend the right programs to fit the brand objectives
- Works well in a team environment
- Familiar with experiential, social and mobile marketing at retail
- Understanding of best practices in the creative development and production processes
- Adept at recognizing, adapting and responding to changing retail conditions
- Comfortable with general retail level data measurement methodologies; familiar in both IRI and Nielsen frameworks
- Knowledge of FDM selling environment
- Understanding of the CPG retail environment and ROI focused
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Budgeting experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience maintaining electronic files
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Experience Working directly for a retailer or CPG in marketing
- Knowledge of Natural channel selling environment
- Experience recommending and developing in-store merchandising programs including POS, shippers and displays.
- Knowledge of how to interpret CPG syndicated data such as IRI and Nielsen
Promotions Marketing Manager
Regular, Full Time
All employment at CROPP is at-will and can be terminated by CROPP or an individual employee at any time, for any reason, with or without notice, and with or without cause.