Why Join CROPP?
- Strong Growth Potential—The market for organic foods has been increasing at a rate of 20% each year. Currently, organic foods represent less than 2% of total food sales in the U.S. In Europe, that percentage is 4-5%. Projections predict similar sales numbers in the U.S. as consumers demand food produced without antibiotics, hormones and synthetic pesticides.
- Fair and Stable Price—Our pricing policy is based on cost of production and maintenance of a fair price back to you. An elected Board of Directors sets the pay price on an annual basis. The pay price is independent of commodity pricing and has increased over time.
- Leader in Organic Production—CROPP is the largest organic dairy cooperative in the US. We have 1834 farm family members with 1461 members in dairy in thirty five states.
- Nationally Recognized Label—Our Organic Valley® label is sold in all 50 states, Canada and Japan.
- Farmer Owned and Governed—Tired of not having any say in your future? Our farmers' opinions and needs shape our policy. Long-term strength and stability are our goals.
- Democratic Process—As a farmer/owner, you make the decisions on pay price through the marketing process. Monthly pool meetings keep farmers informed and encourage input.
- Strong Member Support—CROPP has staff dedicated to helping the farmer with feed allocation, herd health, organic certification and all other aspects of organic dairy production. Our members and staff have many years of practical experience.
- Diversified Production—CROPP also markets organic meat, juice, eggs and produce.
Learn more about Organic Valley's cooperative structure.
Organic Farming Links
Links to helpful resources