1. Extending the Cure: Policy responses to the growing threat of antibiotic resistance, Executive Summary. March 2007. www.extendingthecure.org
2. "Helping Preserve Antibiotic Effectiveness by Stimulating Demand for Meats Produced Without Excessive Antibiotics." American Public Health Association, Association News, 2004 Policy Statements.
3. "Prescription for Trouble: Using Antibiotics to Fatten Livestock," Union of Concerned Scientists. www.ucsusa.org/
4. Keep Antibiotics Working: www.keepantibioticsworking.com
5. "Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance," U.S. Food and Drug Administration www.fda.gov/
6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov/getsmart/antibiotic-use/anitbiotic-resistance-faqs.html
7. "Antibiotic Resistance and Agricultural Overuse of Antibiotics: What Health Care Food Systems Can Do," Health Care Without Harm. November, 2005. www.noharm.org/lib/downloads/food/Antibiotic_Resistance.pdf
8. "Farmacology," Keiger, D. Johns Hopkins Magazine, June 2009. www.jhu.edu/jhumag/0609web/farm.html
9. "Germ Warfare," Nutrition Action Newsletter, Center for Science in the Public Interest. October 2008.
10. "Antibacterial Household Products: Cause for Concern," Levy, S. Emerging Infectious Diseases, June 2001. www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol7no3_supp/levy.htm
11. "Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria in Animals and Unnecessary Human Health Risk," The Pew Campaign on Human Health and Industrial Farming: www.saveantibiotics.org
12. "Turning Farms into Factories: how the Concentration of Animal Agriculture Threatens Human health, the Environment and Rural Communities." Food and Water Watch, July 2007.
13. "Fluoroquinolone-Resistant Campylobacter Isolates from Conventional and Antibiotic-Free Chicken Products," Price, L. et. al. Environmental Health Perspectives, Vo. 113; No. 5, May 2005.
14. "The Isolation of Antibiotic-Resistant Salmonella from Retail Ground Meats," White, D. et al. New England J. of Medicine, Vol 345. No. 16., October 2001.
15. "Ecological and Public Health Impacts of Food Animal Production on the Industrial Scale," Peterson, A, DVM. Center for a Livable Future, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public health, Baltimore, MD.
16. "Family farm/sustainable agriculture groups urge passage of animal antibiotics bill," Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, Press Release, Sept. 9, 2009. www.iatp.org
17. FEED, Union of Concerned Scientists, November, 2009. www.ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/feed/feed-latest.html#4
18. "Antibiotic ban on livestock may hurt U.S. food safety." Doering, C. Reuters. March 24, 2009.
19. "Invasive Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Infections in the United States," Klevins, R. M. et al..Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 298. Oct. 17, 2007.
20. "Putting Meat on the Table: Industrial Farm Animal Production in America," Pew Commission Report on Industrial Farm Animal Production. page 61. www.saveantibiotics.org/resources/PCIFAP_FINAL.pdf
21. "Antibiotics: Preserve a Treasure," U.S. Food and Drug Administration: www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/ucm081511.htm