Heat oven to 350oF.
1. Melt butter in a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook until butter is browned but not burned, stirring constantly, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, making sure to add any browned bits from saucepan.
2. Add sugar a little at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon. Stir in vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in a little at a time, mixing well with each addition.
4. For each cookie, roll about 2 teaspoons dough into a ball. Place one inch apart on cookie sheet(s) lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake 14 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown on bottom and slightly cracked on top. Cool cookies completely on wire rack. Cookies will be delicate.
6. They may be dusted with powdered sugar just before serving.
Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Recipe Created by Regional Chef Stacie Pierce of Little Bee Baking, San Francisco, CA. © Organic Valley