Cheesy-Veggie Pita Sammies
click to rate
Pita sandwiches are so easy—just schmear, stuff and GO! (Plus this one is adaptable for even the pickiest eater.)
- 1 whole wheat pita round
- hummus (or Schmear of your choice of tapenade, pesto, refried beans, Quicksand Almond Butter, Curried Veggie Dip)
- 1-2 lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- Organic Valley Sliced Cheese (Slices of Mild Cheddar, Provolone, Monterey Jack, etc.)
- cucumber, slices
- tomato, single slice (see note at bottom)
- avocado, slice
- sprouts to taste
- daikon radish, cut into curls
- sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- scallions, chopped
Slit the pita open to create a pocket. (You also can cut it all the way in half if your prefer.) Spread your choice of schmear over the inside. Add lettuce, sliced cheese and veggies (choose from any or all of the above).
Note: Too much tomato can make the pita mushy and ruin the sammy. Limit it to one slice per pocket.