Chilaquiles -- Tortilla Chip & Salsa Casserole
click to rate
- 16 ounces Frontera Tomatillo Salsa (or Frontera Roasted Tomato, or Chipotle Salsa)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 8 ounces tortilla chips (about 8 loosely packed cups)
- 1⁄2 cup grated Organic Valley Monterey Jack cheese
- Organic Prairie Chicken, Shredded, cooked
- Organic Valley Sour Cream
- onion, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat the salsa and broth together in a large saucepan to boiling. Stir in the chips, coating them with the salsa mixture. When the mixture comes to a simmer, cover the pan and remove it from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon onto warmed plates. Sprinkle with cheese, shredded chicken, a dollop of sour cream, onion and cilantro. Serve right away.
Recipe created by Chef Rick Bayless