If ever a fruit and a spice were made to mingle, itís peaches and cinnamon!
1. Heat oven to 350oF. Break cookies into pieces and place in a food processor; process to finely ground crumbs. Combine crumbs with butter; spread over bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch round and 3-inch deep spring-form pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and set. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, using the whip attachment, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cream; beat at medium speed until soft peaks form; transfer to another bowl and chill.
3. In clean bowl of electric mixer, combine egg whites and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water (not touching bottom of bowl); whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches 130oF. Place bowl on the stand mixer; using the whip attachment, beat on high speed until meringue forms and mixture is room temperature, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Place peaches, remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a food processor. Process until pureed. Place in a large bowl. Gently stir in half of the meringue. Gently stir in half of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat stirring in meringue and whipped cream until well combined.
5. Pour mixture over cooled crust in spring-form pan, smoothing top. Cover tightly with foil. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, run a thin spatula between semifreddo and edge of rim to loosen. Remove rim from spring-form pan. Cut semifreddo into wedges; serve immediately. If there is any remaining semifreddo, re-attach the rim of spring-form pan, cover and return to the freezer for up to 1 week.
*If fresh peaches are out of season, substitute 1 pound of frozen, peeled and sliced peaches, thawed.
Optional Raspberry Coulis Sauce: simmer 3 cups (12 ounces) fresh or frozen, unsweetened raspberries (thawed) with 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes. Transfer to a strainer placed over a medium bowl, pushing on seeds to extract juices. Discard seeds. Cover and chill sauce until cold. Serve spooned over Peach Semifreddo and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
© Organic Valley
Subscribe now to our emails for more great recipes and special offers.