Cranberry-Mushroom Turkey Stuffing
- Prep time
- Total Time
click to rate
Feta cheese lends distinct character to this dressing. Recipe by Gloria Varney, Maine Organic Valley farmer-owner, baker, cheesemaker, shopkeeper and gardener extraordinaire.
- 4 tablespoons Organic Valley Salted Butter
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped (medium-sized)
- 8 mushrooms, washed and chopped (medium-sized, crimini are fabulous)
- 1 fresh garlic bulb, peeled and minced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (can substitute walnuts)
- 1 cup crumbled Organic Valley Feta Cheese
In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms until golden. Add pre-cooked brown rice to heat through. Toss in cranberries, pinenuts and feta. Stuff the bird and roast as directed.