Eggnog Ice Cream
- Prep time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 6 hrs, includes freeze time
click to rate
Using our silky, sumptuous, butters, creams, and eggnog, Pastry Chef Amanda Cook (Cookshop Restaurant, New York, NY) created several decadent desserts especially for Organic Valley. When planning your next holiday feast or festive brunch, these spectacular desserts will provide the perfect punctuation.
- Heat the milk in a medium saucepan just until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- Using only a couple of tablespoons at a time, slowly whisk half of hot milk into the egg yolk mixture and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Return mixture to the sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and reaches 175 degrees.
- Remove mixture from heat and strain into a large bowl.
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt. Mix well and cool to room temperature before adding the rum to the base.
- Process in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
copyright by Chef Amanda Cook, Cookshop Restaurant, New York, NY