1. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add eggnog, rum and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Chill dough 30 minutes for easier handling.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using floured cookie cutters or a round biscuit cutter, cut into desired shapes.
5. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets, and bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Transfer to wire cooling racks; cool completely.
6. When cool, ice cookies with Eggnog Icing (see recipe below) and sprinkle with a dash of nutmeg, if desired.
2-1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons Organic Valley Unsalted Butter, softened
3 tablespoons Organic Valley Eggnog
Grated nutmeg (optional)
1. Combine powdered sugar and butter in a small bowl, blending with a fork.
2. Add eggnog; blend well. If icing is stiff, add additional eggnog 1 teaspoon at a time until a creamy frosting is achieved.
3. Spread on cooled Eggnog Cookies or other seasonal dessert. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired.
Recipe Created by Regional Chef Amanda Cook of Pilk and Cookies, New York, NY. © Organic Valley
Great suggestion Susan. We recommend substituting the all purpose flour with the same amount one of the readily available gluten free flour blends.