1. Combine the oil, sugar, molasses and hot water.
2. Combine dry ingredients and mix with wet.
3. If you are using a gf flour that already has xanthan gum, baking soda and baking powder in it you dont need to use those ingredients but if you are not, add about 1 tsp of each.
4. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes. Finish with cream cheese frosting and top with chopped toasted walnuts if desired.
To make frosting:
Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and butter. Spread and enjoy.
This Guest Chef recipe has not been kitchen-tested by Organic Valley.
* About Gluten Free Flour: There are a number of prepared gluten-free flour mixes available. Yasmine uses Pamela's brand bread flour in many of her recipes. You can also create your own blend. There's a useful overview of various types of GF flours and their characteristics at www.wheat-free.org/wheat-free-flour.html
Courtesy of The Wedge Natural Foods Co-op