Crumb Topped Sour Cream Gingerbread with Fresh Orange Sauce
- Prep time
- Total Time
- 80 mins, includes bake time
click to rate
Using our silky, sumptuous, butters, creams, and eggnog, Pastry Chef Amanda Cook (Cookshop Restaurant, New York, NY) created several decadent desserts especially for Organic Valley. When planning your next holiday feast or festive brunch, these spectacular desserts will provide the perfect punctuation.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare the crumb mixture for the topping: combine all ingredients together and mix until crumbly. Set aside or in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Prepare the Orange Sauce:
- Heat orange juice in a small pot until just boiling.
- Whisk together the egg and the sugar in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the hot juice to the egg mixture, whisking constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Return the blended mixture to the pot and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Immediately remove from heat, strain, and cool.
Prepare the gingerbread:
- Grease a 9 inch square pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the soft butter with the brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add about ¼ of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the molasses and blend well.
- Add alternately the remaining dry ingredients with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and top with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until center is set, about 45 min.
- Serve warm and top with Fresh Orange Sauce.
copyright by Chef Amanda Cook from Cookshop Restaurant, New York, NY