Grumpy's Breakfast Delight
- Prep time
- Total Time
click to rate
Think quiche is hard to make?
The only difficult thing about making quiche used to be making the crust. With the crazy amount of quality, pre-made crusts and gluten free crusts available, this family-friendly "egg pie" whips up almost as fast as scrambled eggs. Tender green baby spinach packs in the nutrition and color, while tasty ham and Swiss cheese can scrub a pout from the grumpiest morning face. But don’t stop there. This is a quick, make-in-advance supper, too.
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add spinach leaves and sauté (about 1 minute) until just wilted yet bright green.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and half & half. Add green onions and fresh parsley.
- Place prepared pie crust on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle grated Baby Swiss over the bottom of crust.
- Spread sauted spinach leaves on top of cheese.
- Spread cubed ham evenly over spinach.
- Pour egg mixture over all.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow quiche to “set” inside the warm oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Tip: If you’re going to make one, you might as well make 2 and freeze one for later use.