Layered Summer Fiesta Salad
- Prep time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 2 hours 25 minutes
click to rate
- 8 to 10
A clear, glass bowl highlights the colorful, mouth-watering layers of this delicious and healthy salad.
- 6 cups packed torn romaine lettuce or baby romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 or 16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Organic Valley Cheddar or Pepperjack Cheese
- 3 cups diced ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup hot or medium salsa
- 1⁄3 cup Organic Valley Sour Cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Layer lettuce, black beans, cheese and tomatoes in a glass serving bowl.
- Place avocado in a medium bowl; mash well with a fork. Mash in lime juice. Sir in salsa, sour cream and salt mixing well. Spread mixture evenly over tomatoes spreading to edges of bowl to seal. Cover; refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chips and cilantro over salad. Toss well and serve immediately.
© Organic Valley