Mary Kay Rumbold's Zucchini Bread
Mary Kay was an early supporter of Community Supported Agriculture, and a great cook! She has since passed away, but her famous Zucchini Bread recipe lives on.
- 3 Organic Valley Large Brown Eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 cup organic apple sauce (or organic vegetable oil)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (or yellow squash)
- 2 cups flour (Mary Kay used 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup rice flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, can use walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Organic Valley Butter (for greasing pans)
M ix eggs, sugar, applesauce (or oil), and zucchini. Sift dry
ingredients, and add to liquid. Add vanilla, nuts, raisins and coconut.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans; pour in mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 1
hour. Remove, cool, and enjoy!
Try a slice with a schmear of Organic Valley Cream Cheese. Heavenly!
Terra Brockman, the Land Connection