1. Combine cream cheese, butter, and salt in bowl of electric mixer, and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/2 cup of the flour; beat until well-blended. Add remaining flour; beat until well-blended.
2. Remove dough from bowl and lightly knead on floured work surface until smooth. Flatten into a 1-1/2-inch thick disc; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove dough from refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to an 11-inch round (about 1/4-inch thickness).
4. Place dough in a 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Lightly press over bottom and halfway up edges of pan. Prick dough all over with a fork. Freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake dough 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
1. Shred zest from orange with a microplane or on smallest holes of box grater.
2. Peel orange and discard remainder of rind.
3. Coarsely chop orange meat and place in a medium saucepan with zest, cranberries, sugar, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Cook over medium heat until cranberries pop, 14 to 16 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Spread half of the mixture over bottom of cooled tart shell; refrigerate.
5. Combine whipping cream, sour cream, and powdered sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Using a balloon whisk attachment; whisk mixture on high speed until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to lightly fold remaining cranberry-orange mixture into cream mixture just until streaks form but not fully blended.
6. Spread evenly over tart; refrigerate at least one hour but not more than 6 hours before serving.
Recipe Created by Regional Chef Phoebe Lawless of Scratch Baking, Durham, NC. © Organic Valley