Picnic Potato Salad
- Prep time
- 25 minutes
- Total Time
- 3 hours 25 minutes
click to rate
Red-skinned potatoes add eye appeal and a hint of summer-sweet-and-savory to an all-American favorite.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes rinsed clean
- 1⁄2 cup Organic Valley Sour Cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large hardboiled Organic Valley Eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onions
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling water until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and cover with a towel for 10 more minutes. Once cool enough to handle, cut in half (or quarters if the potatoes are larger).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Add potatoes to bowl and toss well with sour cream mixture.
- Stir in chopped eggs and chives. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with additional chopped dill or chives as desired.
© Organic Valley