1. Heat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Coat a large, deep roasting pan with cooking spray. Combine popcorn and pumpkin seeds in pan; place in oven to warm.
3. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, salt and cayenne pepper in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and boil gently 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda. (Mixture will bubble up considerably.) Once bubbles have subsided, remove roasting pan from oven; pour sugar mixture over popcorn mixture; toss until evenly coated.
5. Return pan to oven; bake 45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes until mixture darkens to a medium caramel brown color. Mixture will eventually stir easily and no longer seem wet.
6. At 45 minutes, test for doneness by removing a few pieces of popcorn and allowing them to cool. Mixture should have a crunchy texture. If gummy, continue baking several minutes.
7. Once desired consistency is achieved, remove pan from oven; stir caramel corn mix every few minutes until mixture cools to room temperature. (If not stirred often it will stick to pan).
8. Caramel corn may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Recipe Created by Regional Chef Phoebe Lawless of Scratch Baking, Durham, NC. © Organic Valley