Zingy, creamy raspberry filling in a dark chocolate cookie crust is the language of love in this semifreddo.
1. Heat oven to 350oF. Break cookies into pieces and place in a food processor; process to finely ground crumbs. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup of the sugar and the butter. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and halfway up sides of a 9 inch round and 3 inch deep spring-form pan. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is set; cool on wire rack 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl of electric mixer, using the whip attachment, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cream; beat at medium speed until soft peaks form; transfer to another bowl and chill.
3. In clean bowl of electric mixer, combine egg whites and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water (not touching bottom of bowl); whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture reaches 130oF. Place bowl on the stand mixer; using the whip attachment, beat on high speed until meringue forms and mixture is room temperature, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Place raspberries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a food processor. Process until pureed. Place mixture in a strainer placed over a large bowl. Press firmly on the raspberry mixture to extract all the juice. Discard seeds. Gently stir in half the meringue. Gently stir in half of the whipped cream mixture. Repeat stirring in remaining meringue and whipped cream until well combined.
5. Pour mixture over cooled crust, smoothing top. Cover tightly with foil. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. To serve, run a thin spatula between semifreddo and edge of rim to loosen. Remove rim from spring-form pan. Cut semifreddo into wedges; serve immediately. If there is any remaining semifreddo, reattach the rim of spring-form pan, cover and return to the freezer for up to 1 week.
© Organic Valley
Subscribe now to our emails for more great recipes and special offers.