Refreshing Bulgar Summer Salad (Tabouli)
- Prep time
- Total Time
click to rate
- 1 cup bulgar wheat (dry measure)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole scallions, minced
- 1 cup minced and packed parsley
- 10 fresh chopped mint leaves (or 1 T. dried mint)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
Place the bulgar wheat in a medium mixing bowl, cover with water, and let stand until tender, at least 20 minutes.
Add lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
30 minutes prior to serving, mix in scallions, parsley, mint and tomatoes. Serve cold.