Heads will turn when you serve this showstopping cake. The mild espresso frosting nicely complements the bittersweet brownie layers.—Megan Byers, Wichita, KS
1. Grease three 9-in. round baking pans and line with parchment paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt Organic Valley butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat; cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, Organic Valley eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake at 350° for 24-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
4. In a small bowl, dissolve espresso powder in boiling water. In a large bowl, beat Organic Valley heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 tablespoons espresso liquid; beat until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup for filling; refrigerate remaining mixture for frosting.
5. In another large bowl, combine the cheese, salt, and remaining confectioners' sugar, vanilla and espresso liquid; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Fold in reserved whipped cream mixture.
6. Place one brownie layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with third brownie layer; frost top and sides of torte with chilled whipped cream mixture. Sprinkle toffee bits over top and sides of torte. Store in the refrigerator.
© Organic Valley