Starhawk: Applying Permaculture to Plants…and People
Author, activist and permaculture designer Starhawk shares how agricultural permaculture can inform social permaculture (and what the heck that even means), alternatives to our top-down hierarchical social model, and how she’s expanding her Earth Activist Trainings.
Additionally, Starhawk and Theresa dig into the topic of how to engage with someone you don’t agree with in a productive and mutually beneficial way—a worthy endeavor at any time, but especially important today.
Tune in to hear about:
- Permaculture: what it is, why it’s so cool, and how it fits in with other ideas about regenerative agriculture.
- Thinking about social conflicts through a permaculture lens.
- How climate change is a degradation of multiple ecosystems—something we need to be aware of in order to properly fight it.
- How evolution is based as much on cooperation as it is on competition.
If you enjoyed this one, check out our other conversations with Starhawk from 2017 and 2016.
- Rootstock Radio,
- women in food & agriculture