Arty Mangan: From Juice to Climate Change
Dec. 17, 2018
Arty Mangan, director of Bioneers' Restorative Food Systems Program, has spent a lot of time working with farmers and producers, in the United States, Mexico and Costa Rica, and has some great things to share about the organic industry, soil health and climate change. Today, we hear about his journey from owning and running a small, local, organic apple juice company, to being in charge of fruit sourcing for a large juice company, to his current work at the nonprofit Bioneers.
Tune in to hear about:
- What kept Arty going in the early days when he was keeping an almost impossible schedule and wondering if it was all worth it.
- Bioneers' success in bringing organic ag training to the deep South in the early 2000s.
- How Arty feels about trendy terms like "restorative," "regenerative," "organic," and "sustainable."
- The traditional greeting Peruvian farmers use, and why it inspires Arty.
- The most effective technology Arty knows of to draw carbon down out of the atmosphere and begin to mitigate climate change.
Listen at the link below, on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.