DIY Olive and Cream Cheese Penguins
Dec. 6, 2019
These olive and cream cheese penguins are the perfect easy treat to add to your New Year's party spread. With few ingredients and easy assembly, you can't go wrong. They're also darn cute!
Ingredients and Tools:
- 1 package (8 ounce) Organic Valley Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 or 2 carrots
- Large black olives, rinsed and dried
- Small black olives, rinsed and dried
- Slice carrots into rounds and cut out a triangle from each to make “feet.” Reserve these removed pieces to make “beaks” later.
- Cut out a narrow, lengthwise wedge from a large olive and trim the bottom so it stands upright. Fill the gap in the olive with cream cheese.
- Trim the extra pieces of carrot into beak shapes and poke them into the sides of the small olives (use a toothpick or paring knife to make hole if needed).
- Assemble! Stick a toothpick into the center of the carrot “feet.” Add the large olive “body” (flat side down), then the small oive “head.” Leave the rest of the toothpick sticking out of your penguins so guests can grab their snacks easily.