Make Eggnog at Home
We love that you love Organic Valley Eggnog, and we are sorry but it’s not going to be on shelves in 2022.
You may be upset, but know that you are not alone. Internally at Organic Valley it's not a pretty picture either. One of our favorite products—gone. We love that creamy delicious eggnog.
We can offer a glimpse of hope. The good news is we have an easy eggnog recipe for you to make at home with six simple ingredients that you may already have in your fridge and pantry.
It won't be the Organic Valley Eggnog that is making your mouth water right now but it will soothe the cravings because rest assured, we’re hard at work making plans for its return in 2023. We are passionate about taking our time to source only high-quality ingredients and we are creating a beautiful new packaging design for this fan favorite’s return.
Until then, here is an eggnog recipe that takes 10 minutes to prep and makes eight ½ cup servings. Tip: Make a DIY eggnog station at your holiday parties and let your guests spike their mug with their favorite spirits and add their choice of toppings!
Homemade Eggnog Recipe
6 Organic Valley egg yolks
2 cups Organic Valley Whole Milk
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unrefined sugar
1 cup Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, add the Organic Valley egg yolks and unrefined sugar. Using a whisk, stir to combine.
2. To that same saucepan, add the Organic Valley Whole Milk, Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream, and nutmeg. Combine all ingredients again using a whisk.
3. Begin heating the eggnog mixture over medium heat while stirring constantly with a spatula. Make sure to scrape the bottom, corners, and sides of the saucepan while stirring to avoid burning the eggnog.
4. Heat the eggnog to 160 F. The eggnog is safe to move off the heat at this point, but if you prefer a thicker eggnog reduce the heat to low and continue stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
5. Remove the eggnog from heat and stir in vanilla.
6. Strain the eggnog through a fine mesh strainer into a re-heat pitcher or other container.
7. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
8. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg, cinnamon, or candy cane flakes if desired and enjoy!